Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is a Safe Fuel
Compressed natural gas is a safe, clean burning, low carbon, domestic fuel that is widely used for transportation in the US and around the world. Today, there are over 12 million NGVs in use worldwide including 110,000 operating on U.S. roads. The US market is made up of more than 11,000 transit buses, nearly 4,000 refuse trucks, and more than 30,000 light duty NGVs. They are fueled at a network of more than 850 stations around the country.
The CNG's industry's safety record is excellent. There are federal, state and local regulations, as well as industry best practices that provide for the safe operation of CNG fueling equipment.
Safety is Our First Priority!
Trillium CNG's safety record is untarnished — with no accidents in over 15 years of operations. This is not by coincidence but by design; here's what makes our systems the safest in the industry:
- Trillium adheres to the highest level of safety standards in the industry without exception. As a result, our customers receive the best designed and safest CNG operating systems in the nation.
- Our stations are equipped with safety systems that can detect gas leaks and shutdown the compression equipment automatically if they detect a problem.
- We perform quarterly and annual safety inspections, to make sure all the emergency systems are functioning correctly.
- Trillium's suppliers are unique in performing pulsation studies on every CNG system we sell. This extra step helps to eliminate vibration and stress cracking which can result in high pressure gas leaks.
- Trillium monitors all of our CNG systems 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This ensures Trillium is aware of any potential problem immediately.
For questions about the safety of our CNG systems, and what makes us the safest CNG provider in the industry, please contact us at 800-920-1166.
Proper CNG Fueling Tips
- Remember that smoking is NEVER allowed at a CNG fueling station.
- Always turn off your vehicle before fueling.
- Have your vehicle tanks inspected every 3 years or 36,000 miles and after any accident.
- Note where the Emergency Shutdown Buttons and Fire Extinguishers are located.
We're Committed to Being Safe in Everything We Do.
At Trillium CNG, a business unit of Integrys Energy Group, were committed to safety at all times and in all places — in our products and services, our workplaces and our communities.
We're in the fourth year of our 5-year plan to take major steps in injury prevention and reduction. We're intent on becoming a first-quartile performer in key safety statistics for the natural gas industries. Here's how we're doing it:
With this Safety Management System, our safety mindset is transforming from the idea of complying with rules to the pursuit of continuous safety improvement. We're weaving safety into the fabric of our organization, setting goals, planning and measuring our performance. It's part of our culture and the way we do our jobs.
We want to be sure the public is safe, as well as our employees, so we continue our tradition of safety education for the public. Even in an office setting, safety is paramount. In a typical meeting, employees will hear safety tips ranging from how to protect yourself on the job to tips on safe driving.